Newport Fleet 413 Frostbite Series begins Sunday October 31st!
From Stu & Dave
Day 1 of the season is right around the corner. Hopefully everyone is getting psyched to sail. A number of you did the Fat Boys. Unfortunately I wasn’t one of them. In case you didn’t hear Peter Shope won, followed closely by Steve Kirkpatrick and Andy Pimental. The good news for week 1 is Peter will be doing race committee. Some quick reminders:
1. Sign up: To help us with scoring and fleet organization, we’re asking everyone who thinks they MIGHT SAIL this year to fill out the registration form now. It can be found here, http://www.newportlaserfleet.org/frostbite.htm along with the PayPal links for online payment. This will help give us a master list of names and sail numbers. You can wait to pay until you start sailing (thought the $5 discount will disappear come Monday).
2. Race committee: We have Peter Shope and Brian Fisher doing RC on Sunday. We’d like to add two more less-experienced people to the crew as we’ll have two power boats. If you’d like to sign up, let me know. We also need four RC volunteers for each day in November. For December through March we’ll only use three unless everything fills up. Sign up now!
3. Parking: It can be busy at Sail Newport in the fall, so please park courteously. No parking in the old fenced in area in Oct and Nov. And no parking along the road or on the grass. Once the spaces to the south of the fence are filled up, use the spots by the Mule Barn or the overflow lot to the SW of the Sail Newport offices.
4. Arrive early on Sunday. Registration can take some time. And the fleet captains would like to get some pre-race practice in as well. If you registered online (THANK YOU!), please remember your signed waiver.
5. The Cedar Point fleet has their fall regatta scheduled for Sat. Nov. 13, just in case one day of Laser sailing per weekend isn’t enough for you. The NOR is attached.
• Phil Garland has a boat for sale: Laser #187966 2007 Grey with red stripe. Race rigged with carbon tiller, new vang, blades with bag, top, bottom and spar covers, dolly, race sail and Intensity sail. All in great condition; lightly used boat. $4700.00, email@example.com.
• LaserPerformance Sail + Sport RI formerly known as VSCRI has three event boats left (as of last week). Price is $5,300.00 and comes with a dolly. The boats also qualify for $300.00 in “LP Bucks” (kind of like a rebate). The store’s number is (401) 683-0400.